Thursday, June 2, 2011

Photo Challenge - Day 1

Two of my blog friends, (well Pen and I know each other in real life as our big boys are good mates), are doing this photography challenge and as I am a joiner (FF 2010) I am giving it a shot.  Nevermind that I know nothing about photography and don't even have an SLR or a DSLR!


I think it will be an interesting journey, and educational.  Today I discovered how to turn the screen around on the camera so that you can see yourself in-order to take a self-portrait.  There you go. Thankfully, husband didn't charge me the equivalent of a small countries GDP for this most recent tech call out. 

So, without further ado, Day 1's photo:

I am 38 years old and am practically blind in my left eye (hence squinty, not quite looking in the same direction, unruly left eye).  I rarely wear make-up, save for the occasional evening out! Make-up was one of my former job requirements so I am quite enjoying not wearing it now.  I usually wear my hair up, but have recently been making a bit more effort to wear it long.  I am trying to decide whether to cut it all off.

As the other girls are one day ahead of me, I will try and catch up and post a photo of what I am wearing today... if I can master the self-timer thingy!  Starting to regret not reading the camera instruction manual now as don't think husband will appreciate another needy phone call. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. What an excellent way to get to know your camera....and for us to get to know you a little better.
    I'm going to enjoy these daily posts.

    Happy day!

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pic and a great daily challenge ... i went the chop yesterday into a bob to the shoulders - fingers crossed it will be easier to manage with the babe.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey You! Great picture! What a neat project - can't wait for the "shoes" day.

    I'm growing my hair out...decided to embrace the fact that I'm a long hair girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so naturally, effortlessly beautiful Emma. I love this dreamy-relaxed photo.

    Do you mind me asking about your eye? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very you Emma...calm and naturally gorgeous!

    I LOVE you with your hair down!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!

    Sarah! How exciting that you cut your hair! So much easier to blow dry when it is that much shorter! I cut mine to a bob after No. 2 to make life a bit easier.

    Julia, I have always thought of you as having long hair for some reason. How long is it?

    Ave, you always say the sweetest things! Totally don't mind you asking about the eye as well. When my Mum was pregnant with me she had dengue fever, (they were on posting in Cambodia at the time), anyway I was born with a congenital cataract in my left eye. A pretty big one that obscures most of my vision, I have pretty good peripheral vision out of it though!

    Thanks Pen! I love you with your hair short, makes me want to chop all mine off! Hopefully see you at swimming tomorrow. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Emma! I'm so delighted to see another photo of you - they are so rare. I know what you mean about the whole 'makeup thing'. Lipstick is my only essential for leaving the house nowadays! I am looking forward to your next posts. J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely photo of you Emma:) I think this is a great challenge, a great way to see things differently. I'll enjoy seeing more of your beautiful photos. xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...