Monday, May 30, 2011

A nocturnal visitor


I woke at 5am this morning to R shaking me and saying... "I think there is a possum on top of the printer," ha ha I thought, he must be dreaming,  He wasn't.  There it was, a little ring tail possum perched on top of a stack of paperwork sitting on the printer.  The first thing I thought of was this book:



A popular bedtime read chez Pirate, about a possum that gets into the house and wreaks havoc in every room. AAARRGH!  What is it with the wildlife around these here parts, stuff like this never happened when we lived in the Eastern Suburbs!  Anyway, as these thoughts were racing through my head, amazing really considering the time of day and that I had just woken up!  Mind you I did have the  presence of mind to reach over and grab the camera!  The possum observing our discussing it sensed that it was time to make a jump for it and yep, made a flying leap into the space in the bed recently vacated by Ross.  I screamed. The possum wisely jumped back off the bed, dived under the bed, emerged on the other side and then clambered up the wall to a hole in the ceiling (grrr renovation) and back into the roof.  Now to get it safely back out of the roof before all the holes are sealed.

7 comments:

  1. oh wow!!
    good luck with that job!!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that you grabbed your camera - a true Blogerista moment!

    Definitely an 'Eek' moment when it jumped on the bed though.

    A little 'Possum Mischief' vs 'Possum Magic' adventure in your house - although possibly not really appreciated in the wee hours of the morning.

    xx F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I guess it's better than waking up to a burglar in your room.

    I'm so vey impressed that you got a picture! I think your possum looks a little chunky. Maybe you could leave out some diet conscious food for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that book! Brave possum to be in your house...good luck sending it elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving catching up on your blog again Emma! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness finding the possum in your house! We had one in the roof. I remember hearing footsteps and asked my hubby to check if someone was in the house, no one was there the possum was in the roof. My hubby sealed up the hole so no more possums could get in but the possum couldn't get out! We hired a possum man to come and collect the poor possum. We had one very noisy night when the possum was trying to get out! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...