Thursday, March 10, 2011

Exterior/Street Front Inspiration for Chez Pirate

The renovation is about to begin in earnest and the pressure is on to make some decisions.  For some time I have been photographing houses in our neighborhood and the surrounding suburbs for inspiration and one of my husband's hobbies is to spend hours perusing real estate sites so we have amassed quite a collection of images to inspire us in our latest renovating endeavour!  Currently concentrating on exterior colour, weatherboard style (ie. classic,rusticated etc) and fretwork...


Love the colour of this house (am pretty sure it is the house in the Dulux ad!) and we are also planning to do a similar path of sandstone pavers across the back lawn to the pool.

Closer shot for y'all of the colour!



This house is in my Aunty's neck of the woods and everytime we drive past I swoon!


Another divine weatherboard!

Love the porch light!


This house is even further North at Palm Beach and is truly spectacular.  Image is from Architectural Digest and if you want to see more photos of the interior (divine) see here.


Love the colour of this house as well, in fact I love it so much that I knocked on the door once on my way back from the beach with dripping wet hair and still in my bathers and asked the owner what the colours she had used were.  She was just gorgeous and very kindly shared with me!  (Image originally from Domain.)


Another jewel on the Northern Beaches.  The pirates often play at the playground across the water from this house and I find it very distracting! (Image originally from Domain.)

Here are all the colour samples painted onto the side of the house... we are leaning towards the centre one.  Any thoughts? 



22 comments:

  1. Oh my lordy this is a feast for the eyes!

    I can empathise with your dilemma as all of the choices are amazing.
    For me the softer sand colours in the first photo are the winner but I know whatever you decide upon it will be magnificently stylish.

    xx to you, Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUr house is painted Resene Taupe Grey and I love it... perfect in rain or shine - no glare and not a colour you'd ever get sick of as it's such a non colour really. We have a weatherboard too (like many Auckland villas) I think it's very similar to your favourite...

    Have a look here
    http://www.resene.co.nz/swatches/preview.php?chart=Resene%20Karen%20Walker%20range%201&brand=Resene&name=Taupe%20Grey

    ReplyDelete
  3. All such gorgeous houses!! I love the first one. As for paint colour, the top left is my favourite - would be beautiful contrasted with crisp white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love weatherboard. There is something soft but crisp about it (if that makes any sense at all...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. no advice. i had to close my eyes half way through this post, to many gorgeous homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, what a dilemma, Emma. Sorry, no advice - we're renting. I'd trust Ann's any day, though. J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that first house!

    I like the biggest paint sample best :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too hard to choose from. But it def. makes me wish I lived in Australia on exactly the same street you live. These homes are so gorgeous and so tropical and ugh, I'm in wellies and it's been pouring rain for 48 hours straight. Oh, with a high of 52 degrees F. Can you tell the Seattle gloom has gotten to me? I need a vacation. It may just be time to fly from LA to G'Day in half a day. ;) I love Quantas.

    Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any of the green based colours look good to me. The houses you've featured are GORGEOUS! I would love to have an exterior like any of them. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always find paint colors overwhelming because there are so many beautiful ones. Maybe paint bigger swatches? Good luck - I'm sure you'll love whatever you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous inspiration houses! I love the colours from the first house but the charcoal is also on my favourite list. A very tough decision! Good luck! I cant wait to see how it all goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks ladies for all your lovely comments and suggestions!

    Ann, thanks so much for the Resene recommendation! My SIL is an interior designer and loves using Resene!

    I will let you all know what we eventually go with. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to go through the renovation with you. Will you have to move out? I so adore all these houses. I think I know that first one... Is it at Bilgola Beach?? I'm in love with it too. I like the way your head is going with the colour. I'm not as keen on the grey but like the more taupey?? colour (the biggest sample you painted). Good luck. Please keep us posted with all your designs etc. Pruxxx P.S. Yep, I'm surprised I didn't cut my Barbie's hair either... And here I was thinking that I'd have girls to pass them on to... Never mind. Maybe a Granddaughter one day?! Px

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sigh... I am loving all your inspiration choices. Megan xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cant stand it. What color did you decide on? XOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's hard to choose a colour for a house. When we chose the colours for the inside we hired a colour consultant to help us I just had no idea what to choose. I really love the colours of the second last house, the grey and white is a favourite of mine at the moment. Have you chosen a colour yet?

    ReplyDelete
  17. your so quiet over here. hope all is well. xx.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Emma! All divine. Your taste is just exquisite! Let me know when you've finished the reno - I'd quite like to move in! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Emmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Emma. Am concerned you are lost at sea with your pirates. Please respond. With flare if necessary. Julia out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can you tell me if you found out the colour of the first house as I love it?

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey:) was just wondering if you knew the name of the colour of weatherboards on the first sydney home from the dulux ad!? trying to find some nice home colours.. Thanks:) Looks great btw

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...