Monday, January 17, 2011

"On the Loose" Lego Exhibition and Sydney Aquarium


As I am currently CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer) of the School Holidays, I have been busy trying to keep the Pirates occupied and out of mischief.  Lots of excursions have taken place and one of the best was a trip into the city to see On the Loose, a Lego exhibition at Sydney Aquarium and Wildlife World.



The pirates (and friends) examining one of the lego murals up close.  These were absolutely spectacular, even for a non-lego person.  Created from one dot lego pieces, up close they resembled a pixelated image on a screen:



But with some perspective became a remarkable mural:


The lego murals and figures, life size models of sharks, mermaids, scuba divers and so on were dotted amongst the exhibits in both the Aquarium and Wildlife World, making the experience of attending the exhibition twice as exciting. 


I adored these dainty little glow-in-the-dark Jelly Fish:



The boys favourite?


Yes, the sharks were a highlight (especially the feeding of them) but it must be said that they spent most of their time in here:


The lego play room at Wildlife World.  Luckily, there were chairs and a Cafe in this room!

7 comments:

  1. LEGOS!!! I'm a fan, can you tell? The main reason that I'd like to go to San Diego one day is to go to the Lego park. And I love the pirate lego picture.

    Jelly fish creep me out. I think it's because I've seen too many au naturale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma for your very sweet comment...we are excited!
    This day trip just looks wonderful - amazing what they can do with lego. Enjoy the rest of the holidays and enjoy the sunny days in your pool! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an almost identical photo of 2 of my boys in front of the largest tank, we went to the aquarium on Friday! The boys loved it of course, the glass floors, tunnels and lego walls being the biggest hits :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great exhibition to have at the aquarium. When I was younger we went to visit Lego Land and had a ball looking at all the structures that were made out of lego. It sounds like you are doing a great job in your CEO role, the boys look like they had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to this exhibit when we were in Sydney over Christmas. My son is STILL raving about it! Loved your photos of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent most of my son's first year at the aquarium, for it was the only place he didn't cry constantly ;). Like you, I was mesmerized by the dainty jellies, while my son was attracted to the sharks ;) Looks like a lovely day XOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...