Friday, October 8, 2010

The Gruffalo


This morning I took the pirates to see the stage production of The Gruffalo.  The Captain, who can almost recite The Gruffalo in it's entirety, just loved it and the baby watched wide eyed and adored roaring when the "mouse" requested that the children in the audience roar!  To anyone who is unfamiliar with the books and has young children, I highly recommend all of Julia Donaldson's books but in particular The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child.  Written in rhyme, the story will appeal to most children and is so clever that I actually don't mind reading it over and over again!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Emma, we're the hugest fans on Planet Baby! We saw it last year and it was just brilliant. We loved the way there was so much subtle humour in it for the parents as well. Oh and last night, I found this crockery set at http://www.grahamandgreen.co.uk/product.aspx/tableware/gruffalo%20breakfast%20set/kitchen/kitchen_tableware/-/ahn9193.htm - I'm so tempted to buy it! Oh, and we also love 'Tiddler' and 'The Snail and the Whale'. J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, the crockery is too divine and I am going to have to have a good look at everything else on that site!!! Our other favourites are Sharing a Shell and Room on the Broom. I will have to order The Snail and the Whale, we don't have it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun morning for you all...we just have so much fun going to shows and things...great books and have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls love going to shows. I was so surprised the first time I took them at how into it they were (and how well the little one behaved).

    I will definitely check out the books- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh emma & jane- they sell this crockery in my village- can you believe it!
    seriously SUPER cute!
    i have packed many a set off to cousins in oz when they visit!!

    we too. love the gruffalo!

    what a lovely morning you had!!

    melissa x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...