Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Warning: those squeamish about earthworms look away now!

This morning we made a worm farm....

There has recently been some unhelpful digging in the garden. We have read the brilliant Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach several times now and I have some suspicions that the Captain might be planning to try and catch some seagulls. So in order to prevent any further garden destruction,unnecessary worm slaughter and to put a quick end to any harebrained schemes, I have purchased a worm farm for him to observe a handful of worms under supervised conditions.

Simply sifting the dirt to remove large lumps kept him occupied for ages. Thank you worm farm! (note to self: must go back and purchase ant farm):


Layering the dirt and sand levels:


His favourite bit:







If you look closely you will see a worm tunneling to safety on the left. Smart worm! You will thank me in the long run worm, for many worm lives have been saved!

4 comments:

  1. what fun...love your collection of old books on the table next to the worm farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I love more - the AWESOME worm farm, or the vintage books!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I collect first edition Enid Blytons... obsessively! Have had to move some of my rather extensive collection into the Captain's room while we prepare to renovate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys LOVE muck, they'd love one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...