Thursday, September 2, 2010

This child...

Every night before I go to sleep I go and check on my sleeping babies. The slightly damp curls and the soft peacefulness of their faces and breathing normally generates surges of love that overwhelm. Often I even feel guilty for whatever punishments have been actioned during the course of the day. Last night at the bedtime check I found him like this:

Yes. Completely. Naked. Apart from his muslin blankie that he had somehow managed to artfully drape in order to preserve dignity. Oh he looks like an angel, but the mischief of this child!

6 comments:

  1. There is nothing more innocent and beautiful than a sleeping child...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean, it's like they look that adorable on purpose to make you feel bad for any grumpiness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching my little one sleep...listening to his breathing...the way he cuddles his pillow. so special - that photo is perfect. Enjoy your weekend Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so, so sweet. I too know what you mean... How can something so beautiful be so naughty?!! He's so incredibly gorgeous... Pruxxx P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your favourite books from childhood. I do have Flotsam, it's great isn't it. I'm going to do a follow up post on my blog next week. Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his feet curled in under the bed slats. Gorgeously mischievous - or just terribly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes. The old mother-guilt that surges right along with the love when you gaze down at that angelic sleeping baby...

    Beautiful entry. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...