Sunday, December 21, 2008

Home... sweet, home!

I can't even begin to articulate how happy we were to be home. The first thing I did was ring my lovely GP and make an appointment. I simply could not wait to find out about hospitals, obstetricians, pregnancy vitamins and all the other exciting things that would now be a part of my life. I then rang work and announced that I would be taking some time off. I was very reluctant to fly during the first trimester. I knew that flying occasionally during early pregnancy was fine but didn't want to risk flying everyday. The baby's long term health was of the utmost importance to me and I didn't want to take any risks by exposing the baby to unneccessary radiation in the air. (Especially considering the considerable stress that I had already experienced).Amazingly I was able to see Claudia the day we flew back in and she did yet another HPT (still positive - hurray!) and then took about 6 vials of blood and sent me off to have a dating ultrasound. The ultraound was amazing. The sonographer pointed out the little heart beat flashing away on the screen and the yolk sac that you were safely cocooned in. I was fascinated to see the little heart pumping away. It validated the baby's existence for me I guess. In those early days/weeks of pregnancy before you have a bump or any other obvious pregnancy symptoms it sometimes feels as though you have made it all up. I was thrilled to discover that there really was a baby in there!

2 comments:

  1. Phew. I'm SO glad this story has a happye ending. Did they ever figure out why your husband had a heart attack?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...