Sunday, December 21, 2008


We left Cambodia and it’s lovely people (well in Siem Reap anyway) after a fabulous afternoon hanging out at the Foreign Correspondent’s Club. Where we spent the afternoon lazily watching the river traffic pass by along the Mekong and the frantic chaos of the streets below. We were also able catch up on the international newspapers and explore the art museum next door before we flew back to Thailand that evening. Thai Airways even managed not to lose our bags or force us to run through airports so I foolishly thought that things were starting to look up! The next day we flew to Krabi (again no incident with Thai Air!) and our hotel was absolute tropical opulence, I was beside myself with glee! We spent the day down at the pool and on the beach. It was the most wonderful day. I lounged by the pool and on the beach reading a trashy chick lit book that I borrowed from the hotel library, whilst Ross went for a walk exploring the length of the beach. He was gone for hours. We then swam in the ocean with the hotel’s baby elephant “Lala." After that glorious day by the pool and on the beach we had a fabulous seafood dinner at a restaurant tucked in amongst the palm trees along the beach a couple of hundred metres from the hotel .We looked out at the "James Bond islands" poking out from the ocean and watched the sunset whilst eating the most delicious meal. We were both so relaxed and happy, (although we had some fabulous meals at the Soup Dragon in Siem Reap), it was just all so easy after Cambodia. We made plans with a local boat owner to go out in the morning for a tour of the islands and a snorkel and then went back to the hotel to the outdoor cinema where we relaxed in hammocks and the staff wrapped us in warm towels and fed us ice creams whilst we watched a movie. Yes – that is what this hotel was like which is why I couldn’t believe what happened the next morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...