"Yourself with thirteen things"
Technically I am in the photo... there is a photo of me pregnant with the Captain in amongst those items! All the items that I have chosen are cherished:
1. My bed (it somehow manages to look prisitne amongst the chaos of renovating!)
2. Tolix stool (if only it was vintage... one day, some day I will have a set of vintage Tolix chairs and stools)
3. Fresh flowers in jam jars (they make me happy, look beautiful and remind me of my wedding day).
4. & 5. I collect vintage children's books and I have way too many of these old Enid Blytons. Yes, I have some complete collections. I started collecting them as a small child.
6. See there I am... photo taken the day before I had The Captain. Edited to keep things decent.
7. iPad. I used to loathe it, it's growing on me.
8. Current favourite sunglasses. Husband gives me such a hard time about them, he reckons I am trying to relive my youth. I asked him what he would like to do for his 50th.
9. My watch. My father gave it to my mother for her 21st birthday, they in turn gave it to me. It is 43 years old, doesn't need a battery and is still going strong.
10. Frog. Picked him up in a tiny little gallery outside Canberra when I was at university. He has lived on the kitchen window sill in every house I have lived in over the past 18 years. He even survived a break in.
11. & 12.The outfits the boys wore home from hospital.
13. A drawing the Captain did when he had just turned four. It is of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, drawn from a photo.