Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A fabulous discovery on the Northern Beaches!



 One of my most beloved cafes, The Boat House at Palm Beach, which I adore because of it's fabulous garden/beach setting:



and the scattered lobster pots:


Hmm, lobster pots, I definitely  have a thing about them!   As a littly we often holidayed with my cousins at our grandparents house, south of Bateman's Bay at Circuit Beach.  One of our many school holiday traditions was to jump into bed with Gran in the mornings.  Grandad would then serve us all (6 of us!) breakfast in bed.  In summer it was always buttery vegemite toast fingers and freshly squeezed orange juice. In winter, porridge with brown sugar and cream. As we ate breakfast and fought, sort of good naturedly  about whose feet were coldest and who was taking up too much room, we would all simultaneously be keeping a weather eye out on the little beach and rocky inlet that was literally at the bottom of their garden for the lobster pot man. He would row out to the pots in a little white wooden boat that we could spot from the bedroom window and it was always a great thrill if you were the one to sight him first. This early obsession with lobster pots has had some impact on me I think! 

Back to The Boat House though:




Fresh produce and flowers are for sale and the way it is all arranged is stunning!




But!!!!  Even better is The Boat Houses' new sibling Armchair Collective, a very short drive from Pirate HQ.   It is in Mona Vale just by the SLSC for anyone interested in popping in (worth it):


Same styling and fresh produce:



Inside there is so much more though:



Am trying to convince husband that we need this lamp (on my side of the bed of course):


Because of this chap that hangs out on the deck at Depot:


A claw foot has been on my wish list forever (still haven't got my way on that one) so I spent ages admiring this one and it's tree of birds (hoping to make evil husband feel guilty):



Anyway, the coffee is excellent and we have now eaten there a few times, everything has been delicious except the burger, husband is a burger connoisseur and he only gave it a 5/10.  He is very burger fussy though so it was probably delicious as well.

As for the renovation.  This is what our house looks like:


And, we are living in it.  Naturally, my dirt monkeys are adoring it, me though.... well, it is time consuming and overwhelming and the reason why I haven't been in here much or had time to catch up with all of you properly.  I don't want to jinx anything by typing into words here so will just say...  hopefully I will have more time to catch up with everyone soon!!! x

4 comments:

  1. We lived through our reno {massive sigh}. I wish we lived closer and you could come over to escape.

    I love the shops you find! Sorry the standing in-front-of-the-tub-and-trying-draw-attention-to-the-tub-by-not-saying-anything-about-it didn't work. Guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so warm and tropical up in your little world. Which is not fair as it's coming over all antarctic here in Tassie. It makes me feel nervous looking at those bare roof timbers. And I love your little cockatoo visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Emma! I was captivated by the hydrangeas but then I saw your reality at the end - how are you surviving?! No wonder I haven't seen you around Blogland ☺. Hang in there, Sweetie! J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the boat house too Emma. I took Mum there when we walked up to Barrenjoey Lighthouse. It's really well priced for where it is I think (keeping in mind we are totally ripped off food wise in Sydney). I don't mind though when you have a great view and the food is above average. They were filming "Home & Away" when I was there. Love those lobster pots and the flowers, oh the flowers... Such attention to detail at the boat house. Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...