Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Tag - Thank you Sarah!


The lovely and always thoughtful Sarah at One Perfect Day has passed me a getting to know you tag.  One day I really hope to sit down and have a coffee and a slice of her raspberry cake with her!

What is your favourite time of the day?

It used to be the morning,but since I have had children I love the end of the day.  After everyone is fed and washed and the boys are in  bed I do a final tidy up of the house and then sit down and have a chat to my husband.  Sometimes we will have a glass of wine together, often I have a peppermint tea.  A brief moment of peace and quiet, knowing that the boys are safe sleeping and all is well in the world, before bed!


Where and when did you meet the love of your life?

In 1997, I was at university and had a part-time job in a big law firm in the city.  One day a bicycle courier walked in to the mail room in head to toe lycra ... and I will have to do a blog post one day with the rest of the story!


What three words would your friends outside of the blogging world use to describe you?

Loyal, clever, fun (from Veronica who I met at Girl Guides when we were both 12!)



What country would you like to visit and why?

India.  It was my favourite posting (my father was a diplomat) and I would love to go back to see my Ayah (Nanny) and introduce my boys to her!  I have been lucky enough to travel the world, both through my job as a flight attendant and my childhood travelling with my parents and India was the most magical and wonderful place.  I still dream about it and I haven't been back since I was 10 years old.


What is your favourite dish to cook?

Scrambled eggs, made properly with cream and buttery toast. 

 
Salt or sugar?

Both.  I love Asian cuisine (having grown up in predominantly Asian countries...) and both flavours are fundamental.


What are your must have make up or beauty items?

Jojoba Oil (love it as a moisturiser) and Moroccan Oil (hair),  as I had to wear make up every day for work I quite enjoy not wearing it now. If I am going out at night though, a bit of bronzer (Nars Laguna), Mascara (Covergirl Lash Exact) and Lip Gloss (Mac) always makes me feel groomed! 


What are your favourite flowers?

Do I have to choose....?  I adore so many, favourites include peonies, blossoms, singapore orchids and roses.



What are your worst vices...honestly?

Champagne and coffee.



At what time of your life were you happiest and why?

When we found out that the hole in The Captain's heart didn't require surgery.  I was so grateful that my tiny and precious little baby would not have to have open heart surgery.

Thank you Sarah for tagging me, I feel very honoured!

10 comments:

  1. Your childhood sounds so adventurous. Amazing that you still dream about India - it will be incredible when you go back with your boys one day... promise you'll have to blog that!

    Gorgeous photo too - did you dress Captain all in green to match your beautiful garden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post Emma. I've learnt so much more about you...I'd love to sit with you and hear more! Your childhood sounds fascinating. Um, about the lycra...any chance you'll post about that soon?? Meredy xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent quite a bit of time thinking about scrambled eggs - enjoying the quest for the "perfect" ones.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its always so great to learn more about blogger friends. It brings an element of reality into what otherwise could seem very virtual.

    I too want to visit India! The culture, food, and different everything is so fasinating! Being that you traveled so much, you must have some great stories to tell...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to get to know you a little better. I'd like to join you guys for coffee too!! Wow, what a wonderful upbringing. I'm wondering if you watched "Slumming It" on the ABC (the final was last night). It was amazing and made me fall in love with India. I'd love my boys to experience a different culture. Yes, we'd love to hear more about the incident in the mail room too!!! P.S. Another great shot. Your boys are so cute. Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Emma, Just popped onto your blog to say hi and what perfect timing as I sit to enjoy your blog with my Chai tea and Macaron (peppermint is a close second!). A fabulous post my dear. See you in blogland. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Emma, it's so delightful to find out more about you. Ooh, can you please do some posts about living in India? Oh, and life in the diplomatic world? I just missed out on getting into DFAT years ago and sometimes wonder what kind of life we would have led. Peonies rank in my favourites as well. Ah yes, I relate to the 'hole in the heart' issue too. And that's a gorgeous photo to boot. Time to collect the pixies! J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post...so many wonderful things to find out! coffee and raspberry cake together sounds perfect or maybe a glass of cold champagne!!! x
    Any trips to Brisbane planned soon ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i so love the photo...and your lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is one of the most interesting lists I've read! How fascinating.. I can't believe your garden either - it's beautiful! Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...