Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A new bedside table.



For a while now I have been using a stack of magazines and books as a bedside table and it was starting to irritate me no end each time I entered the bedroom and glanced at my side of the bed!  Clearly, I desperately needed a new bedside table and as we are about to renovate and my bedroom will be completely different once finished, I was reluctant to spend a lot of money on something that might not work in the room post-renovation.  I also didn't want to spend a medium amount of money on a stop gap bedside table that I didn't love.  Instead, I popped into our local Salvos store and picked up this rather ugly bookshelf for $15. 


I gave it a light sand and a new coat of paint and I am delighted with the end result.  After the renovation is complete and once I have found the perfect bedside tables I am going to move it to the future guest bedroom as a new bedside table where it will work perfectly next to my old black wrought iron bed that is currently stored under the house.  Well, I hope it will work anyway!





8 comments:

  1. Well done you, Emma! You are so clver to spot such a bargain and that shade of blue gets me every time. Oh, and I see I have a fellow Home Beautiful reader there ☺. J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog Emma and beautiful bedside table.., I have just painted some chairs the same colour will have to post them on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! Belinda, I would LOVE to see your chairs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great little piece. Love a handy shelf or three and it would look sweet with wrought iron. That blue paint reminds me of my childhood but I'm not sure why...

    ReplyDelete
  5. great table - I love the shelves. I need to get motivated about a bed side table. I'm currently using a child's chair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect Emma. Don't you love it when you find something that not only looks good but is practical... A win win situation there. Adore the colour and the legs! Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...