Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Garden






The garden is just looking marvellous at the moment.  The lawn and the swimming pool are sprinkled all over with Jacaranda petals and just look divine. I used to have issues with Jacarandas, as when I was at university there was a saying: "If you haven't started studying by the time the Jacaranda in the Main Quadrangle blooms, then it is too late!"  I had Archaeology in that corner of the Quadrangle and had to pass the tree a few times a week.  Anxiously I would examine it for any signs of blossoms! University now seems like a lifetime ago and as I live in a house surrounded by four jacaranda trees I have grown to adore them!


The "exam tree" in bloom!  Aaaaaahhhh!!!  Image is from here:



The rest of the garden is looking fabulous as well!  I recently read (I think in House and Garden) that for every $1000 you spend on plants for the garden, the value of the house can increase  by up to $5000!  My planned New Years Resolution preventing future nursery purchases might be unnecessary, I am investing in the property!




6 comments:

  1. fun adventures to be had in that lovely garden emma....your garden is stunning!
    x
    Are you off to Palm Cove soon ? how nice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is beautiful. We have a jacaranda in the back that should bloom any day, next door's did at the weekend. Eagerly awaiting those beautiful purple flowers (although the hill's hoist is right below the tree, hmmm)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your garden. Especially the jacarandas. It's sad that your school almost ruined enjoyment of the tree. They should have said "When the flowers are on the ground, you'll be done with exams!" Or something like that.

    I think we have that tree here but the flowers are orange. But then, maybe it's a different tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma, your garden is fabulous. I adore all your images. I love the little lawnmower in the last shot. Sounds like you deserve to sit back and enjoy it this Summer. Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Emma! Is that really your garden with the cute little swing AND jacarandas? My, you're such a lucky duck. I posted on these pretties a while ago - I've missed them terribly down here this year. Sigh. A visit to Sydney is in order. J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a magical garden you have! I bought our place for the garden too with towering cedar trees and ferns. But the neighbor's dog leaves us so many presents that we can never go out in it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...