Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The boys and their favorite toys; Thomas the Tank Engine.

I thought a lot about toys and what I wanted to spend money on. My priorities were not so much about education (which seems to be the marketing byword for toys these days) but to keep plastic to a minimum, buy second-hand or vintage where possible, stick to quality, well-made and well-crafted toys and toys that were open ended (blocks, lego, paints, boxes, playdough). Mostly, I think our toy choices have been successful and our wooden Thomas would be one of the most beloved, both by us and the boys.

The Captain can spend up to two hours engineering complicated routes and elaborate disasters for his trains to cope with, including landslides of dirt as you can see above (I went inside to get a cup of tea...), sometimes he even has the tracks running from room to room.

It is hard to decide what he loves more, the hours spent setting it all up, the playing, (I really should say crashing) or the time he sometimes spends simply admiring?







2 comments:

  1. :-) My boys are Thomas mad, the eldest has outgrown it a bit but when he sees his little brothers get the tracks out he loves helping them set up elaborate railway systems, can keep them amused for hours, definitely our best toy purchase EVER!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...