Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pirates who would be Kings (of the wild things anyway).









When we went to pick up the trampoline that we, I mean Santa, gave the boys for Christmas they were handing out crowns as part of a Where the Wild Things Are promotion. There is endless scope for imaginary play with a crown and the boys have been having a wonderful time with them. Instead of seeing little Max's running about they remind me of Christopher Robin though. Totally adorable!

The Baby is saying so many words now, even some litte sentences. His first proper word (other than mumma/dadda) was "yucky" which came out of the cheeky monkey's mouth for the first time while we were on holiday in Palm Cove last year and has now been added to with "no no no no" and "mine mine mine" (that one is to be screeched), "Iwandis" and "Iwandat" (I would like this/that please dearest sweet Mummy), "cwacka (cracker), sausiges (his favorite), fishie (his second favorite), bisky (biscuit) and too many other words and little sentences to mention. Sadly, we are still waiting for please, thank you, I love you mummy etc. The Captains' first word was boat and was quickly followed with peese (please) and sankkuu (thank you) however this early promise has failed to produce a refined boy with lovely manners. I still have to remind him several hundred times a day to say please and thank you.


2 comments:

  1. Oh I remember those days... they went so fast and they seem so long ago now. Once they hit school... time flies! Your boys are gorgeous! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma for your lovely comments. Glad you enjoy my blatherings.
    Your comment on my 'dream job' prompted me to tell you it is all quite recent. I hope you make the time to jot down ideas for your future books.
    Natalie :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...