Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The renovation continues...


Behold the new front deck:


Merbau boards au naturel (currently anyway!)



Looking down onto the deck from the driveway.



We also have a new back deck, with the same divine roof panelling as the front deck, minus the exposed eaves for a bit of variety.


Please admire the balustrading, many hours of research went into it!



We recycled some of the original merbau boards on a little feature screen along the eastern boundary. 


Steps down to the back garden.  At the top of the steps is the laundry door, on the left are the french doors into the new playroom.   Next step is to pick up a paintbrush, which may lead to another possible new career path.  I nearly fainted when I read the quote for the painting.  So, we shall be doing it ourselves thank you very much!  Wish me luck everyone!


14 comments:

  1. Looking good! So exciting for you all.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks so natural and beach inspired Emma ... LOVE your new header!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. L.O.V.Eing the back deck ceiling and the glimpse of the palms in the fourth photo = very Hamptonesque.

    It's all coming along beautifully and it must be such a huge relief to have the verandahs completed for the boys to be able to play safely.

    Can't wait for the next installment.

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking fantastic. love the decking.
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing - love all your colour/design choices - such character and style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! It is really "Hamptons" beautiful!
    have fun painting, or at least enjoy the money you are saving - crazy hoe expensive it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Emma! This is a post I've been waiting for and you didn't disappoint ☺. Utter gorgeousness. I trust you'll have a guest room somewhere?! J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS! I thoroughly impressed. Please tell me you have a guest room. ;) (Loosy)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love every detail! Love your porches - and that wood is beautiful. So sorry about your painting plans. There is still lots of that to do around here but H#1 only has 2 hands. Accusations are still flying around that #3s appearance was awfully convenient as I got out of the painting (bad for the baby, you know).

    Uh, yes Brooke, I do believe there will be room for a guest. We should try and be civilized about this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hhmmph, I'm more than slightly jealous, looks fab ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your balustrading Emma, I've never seen it like that before it looks so clean and modern. Your home is looking beautiful. I hope the renos are going well. Have a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Interior Design of all room in ur house..It simply super........I really liked ur house and design are nice to see......

    Merbau Decking

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...