Sunday, February 20, 2011

Project Organise: The Car (plus some photos of the wall mounted TV for Rachael)

                As the back seat of our car always seemed to look like this:



I decided that some Project Organise was necessary.  A quick trip to Kmart and I purchased this little canvas storage unit to put in between the boys car seats.  I measured the space first as there is not much room between them.  I know this as I had to squash myself in the back the other day when we were dropping my MIL home... to the other side of Sydney!  Anyway, inside I put all the various items that the boys use to entertain themselves on car trips.  Books, colouring-in items, a couple of puzzle toys and a few small matchbox cars and planes. 




Fits perfectly!  At the back is a Crayola Travel Turtle.  I am really hoping to avoid going down the DVD player in the car path, so this is my way of trying to keep the boys entertained on long car trips! Audio books on CD have been fantastic as well.


For Rachael:

Photo of the TV, it is wall mounted above the sideboard.  The bracket for the TV is not centered above the unit as it needed to be attached to a load bearing stud.  Something to think about if you are wall mounting!  The TV moves around on the bracket though so we can position it at different angles.  In the above photo it is pushed back to the right against the wall.



My paternal grandparents were anthropologists. I inherited many of the artefacts that they collected in the 1930s/40s.  These pieces are Aboriginal and Samoan and are hiding a speaker. The DVD player and Foxtel are also here, but when we renovate next month and this wall gets ripped out we will relocate these items into the sideboard itself.



At the other end of the sideboard, is the amp, another speaker, one of my WW1 ashtrays, an aboriginal knife and a painting by June Bird

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting your tv Emma! Your sideboard is gorgeous. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, getting organized is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed with the level of car organisation. And the side board looks fantastic.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renovating next month, how exciting. I hope you'll be posting your progress!

    Love the car caddy. I've considered getting those back of seat organisers for our car, because my kids fight over whatever is in the centre console - they even pinch each others' drinks. But I have also vowed not to go down the in-car dvd route.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Emma. A brilliant solution. Except with have 3 pixies. And 3 carseats. Sigh. So pleased it's working for you. WE are also resisting the DVD option. J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I empathise with you about the car - and I only have one munchkin to mess it up! Your solution looks great! Well done fitting into that gap btw, I wouldnt have got one thigh in there lol :)
    Love your artifacts and cultural items too, a lovely sideboard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your car caddy idea. It's much better for them to be able to entertain themselves happily with colouring and cars rather than the dvd player.

    I love seeing the things change when you renovate. Enjoy your new renovations. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i had to laugh because my car looks just like the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's brilliant Emma. Hello, I should have done that years ago... Good on you for just 'doing it'. Adore all your Aboriginal artefacts. Wow, you are so lucky inheriting those. Amazing. And I also love your WW1 ashtray. Great style. Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every few weeks I declutter my car and sigh inwardly. This has made me realise where I've been going wrong. A storage box. I must confess though the DVD player has been a lifesaver on long trips.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...