Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Carmen at Sydney Opera House

Last night, for the first time ever, I went to the Opera... at the Sydney Opera House! 


And... I went with my dearest and oldest friend, (her lovely Ma has a subscription), 

and...

we saw Carmen!



Here we are having a quick champagne beforehand.  That is me on the right and Veronica on the left.





The entire experience was amazing.   Highlights included; listening to the orchestra.  A lovely reminder that music doesn't just come out of a little rectangle.  Hearing Habanera sung so exquisitely, although as a child of the 1970s this image popped into my head during the performance! And in the tavern scene in Act 2, the cast performed a dance similar to the Pasodoble (my only knowledge of which comes from Strictly Ballroom though so I could be wrong) with tambourines that was a visual and orchestral feast for the senses.

Thank you Veronica for a truly wonderful experience.

11 comments:

  1. Wow - how glamarous! And I love your handbag - is it vintage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you're blond? You are so very Lauren Jackson. But prettier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! That looks like a perfect night out. I love the pic of the champers in front of the Opera House, truly glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Sweetie, what a gorgeous outing for you. But more importantly, how good do you look?! Seriously. You look divine. I'm so excited to see your sweet face. You should 'come out' more often! J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. opera at the sydney opera house...amazing. you look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know if Carmen is a musical or an opera - I know you follow me because I am so smart, right?! Looks like a great time :) So great to see your smiling face XOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the orchestra too when I saw La Traviata. It's a magical experience. You look gorgeous and your dress is lovely. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments, we really did have a marvelous time!

    Julia - I bought the handbag at a Salvo's store years ago, so maybe sort of vintage....

    Loosy - must be the sunlight on my hair as I am quite dark!

    Laura - it is an opera and you would recognise lots of the songs, especially Habanera!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful all dressed up for a lovely night. Sounds like fun thing to do with a great friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that you got that gorgeous bag from the salvo's store!!! what a wonderful night...and you both look so relaxed and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treat Emma, a night on the town with a friend, and to the opera! I've only seen opera twice - The Marriage of Figaro and The Tempest. I found myself utterly riveted both times by the music. You both look gorgeous, and a glass of bubbles on a summer evening in front of the Opera House, how delightful.

    Do you take the boys to the babies proms? I took Doots when we were in Sydney - utterly fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...