Friday, September 17, 2010

Project Organise: The Family First Aid Kit

The state of our first aid kit was embarassingly messy and as part of Project: get self organised in order to get child to school on time next year and also to not feel mortified everytime the baby sitter, a friend or indeed I have to get something out of the first aid kit, I decided to go through the contents and do a massive overhaul. As one of the boys has a hole in his heart and the other has asthma, it is something that I need to do regularly.

I found the box in an old junk shop located on the road between Bathurst and Orange about 10 years ago. I was on a road trip with a couple of girlfriends. Well, three girls and one border collie, squashed into a 1960s VW beetle. I had to sit with that first aid box on my lap the whole way home to Sydney. They thought that I was crazy, even the dog was rolling his eyes at me. I just love it though, it is big enough to store all the extras in and it looks fabulous!




It even includes a helpful list of items that should almost certainly be included:



After discarding anything that was out of date and re-organising the contents, my beloved first aid kit has been restored to her former magnificence once again:


Ahh, loving my first aid kit, it not only serves a very necessary purpose but also brightens my day with it's prettiness and charm!



4 comments:

  1. oh you know i love it ... and i just adore a jar with flowers - sets the tone for a lovely weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm organizing too! I watched an episode of Hoarders a couple of weeks ago, and although I'm usually pretty organized, I had to straighten something out to clean my brain. So I decided to tackle photo albums. Just the pile of discards is up to my knees! It has been so nice to finally put together the photos of my child being born (and she can help me do it--I'm a genius!)

    Thanks for leaving comments on my blog. I'm still catching up from a big huge summer of travel and family and genealogy projects. I have literally hundreds of things to post, and the rain has started again here in Seattle, so it is back to the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you first aid kit - it doesn't even look useful - just pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma, I'd have nursed that first aid box on my lap too, it's fab. And I, too, am wondering how on earth I will get my daughter to school on time next year. I fear will have to launch my own Project Organise - I have a suspicion that I am being held back by an oversupply of craft materials (children's and my own).

    I'm a first time visitor and new follower - some great posts and amazing tales!

    Have a great weekend
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...