Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The new suit (well, new to the Captain).

The Captain found this suit at an op shop nearby yesterday.  He insisted on wearing it all day, despite the heat (about 25 degrees). Indeed, he is so enamoured with his new dress up outfit that he sat in the laundry in front of the washing machine this morning watching it get washed!   $2.50 well spent! 




This photo is the only time he was still enough whilst wearing it for me to take a photograph!  He alternated between being a mechanic, a pilot and as his dad and I pointed out to him... he really looked like he was all ready to set off down into the mines!  Whilst the new "suit" was in the machine he took a brief moment to come and ask me if I could "go online and find a matching one" for his brother to wear.  I didn't know whether to laugh or be alarmed that online is in his vocabulary!   

3 comments:

  1. it's fantastic! i can see why he likes it so much...the goggles are so cute on the top of his head like that! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one super dress-up find and it looks like it fits the captain perfectly. Love the remote-in-hand and the serious expression... must have been something really great on telly! Oh sweet little chair too - is that a vintage find?

    And thanks for the Kitchenaid tip. I'm so frustrated with my (un)trusty Sunbeam that I could kick it, but don't think I can quite justify buying another (even more expensive) mixer after only two years. Ah well - lesson learnt - you get what you pay for right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable - and very sweet that he wanted one for his brother.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...