Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hmmm, 6 things...

The lovely and inspiring Sarah from One Perfect Day has tagged me as part of the Creative Blogger Meme. Thank you Sarah!

So six things about me...

1. I collect vintage children's books. Obsessively. The majority of my collection (it is in the hundreds!) is made up of first edition Enid Blytons.

2. For my 25th birthday a friend gave me a palm reading as a fun birthday present and rather alarmingly, everything that the palm reader has said has come true (so far anyway....). He even predicted the two boys correctly. I scoffed at him at the time as well.

3. I was born in Bangkok and spent most of my childhood living in different parts of Asia. I attended school in India, Malaysia, Indonesia, France and Australia. Best. Childhood. Ever. Thank you Mum and Dad!

4. I am an optimist and try to always look for the good in every situation and the best in people.

5. I am almost blind in one eye. My mum had dengue fever when she was pregnant with me.

6. I was quite the tom boy as a little girl. (I blame George from the Famous Five for this!). I insisted on having my hair short, loved dressing up as a pirate, was always up a tree (if not reading a book!) and loved playing with all the boys! Good preparation for playing with my two pirates!

2 comments:

  1. So great to find out these interesting facts ... oh i just LOVED the famous five also and how amazing that you had your palms read and all that he said is coming true for you. One night I sat in bed with my laptop and read all about the honeymoon/heart attack etc could not believe it!! and i loved your wedding pics (the hanging flowers looked stunning) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah. Great to hear snippets about your life. I'm now going to check out your post about your hubby. Far out. What a shock! What an interesting childhood you had too. Amazing! What did your parents do? Good on you for being an optimist. I try, oh man I try. I was a tom boy too, maybe that's why we both ended up with two beautiful boys? Kindest, Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...