Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blankie wash day...

Yesterday I washed the muslin wraps... aka "blankies" so the little one spent the morning standing under the washing line looking longingly at them all and ensuring that they came to no harm...

He even managed to pull a few off (note to self: blankies need additional pegs to prevent blankie clothes line theft in the future).



I left him standing guard at the line and went inside to do a few things. Whilst pottering about inside the house I could hear his little voice outside saying "fank yuuuu (thank you)" intermittently. Eventually I popped my head out, after wondering idly to myself who he could be thanking and for what, and there he was clutching a little handful of leaves...


My little nature lover was catching leaves as they fell to the ground in the windy weather and then looking up at the trees to say thank you! He even abandoned a blankie (albeit temporarily) for this game!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, that's so cute! Thanks for commenting on my blog - the cupcake cases are from Cake Deco, which has a fantastic shop in one of the arcades off Flinders Street and also a website (http://www.cakedeco.com.au/). I think the potato gun came from Borders, I have seen them in a few places.

    Allison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! What a beautiful entry!!

    And how divine your garden is!! *wistful sigh*

    xx Ave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching children play. Thanks for dropping by Beach Vintage.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...