Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Anzac Day Weekend

We have just had a lovely long weekend away in Canberra visiting my parents. We visited the amazing Questacon, where the boys just had the most marvellous time. The very first exhibit that we saw were huge robotic dinosaurs. A mama Maiasaur with her nest of little ones, a Stegasaurus and of course no dinosaur exhibit would be complete without a terrifying Tyrannosaurus. They were half-size (but enormous to little people) animatronic dinosaurs that were moving, roaring and even blinking. The dinosaur loving Captain was totally enthralled, but the little one was quite frightened by them. He stood motionless, pointing at the T-Rex model absolutely frozen with fear. Naturally I took a photo of this before I rescued him, mean Mummy! The Captain was very impressed with it all though, especially after our previous dinosaur exhibition disaster... aged 3 we took him to see this, after looking at various fossils he asked to see the "real dinosaurs" what do you mean we asked... "you know, the alive ones" he explained, looking at the pair of us as if we were stupid! Poor old Captain, he was devastated when we explained the meaning of extinction to him. Well, Questacon now has a lot to answer for as he has now been announcing to anyone that will listen that "Canberra has real dinosaurs!"


I think that the Baby was much more impressed with "Mini Q" than the dinosaurs. Hours of fun to be had!




Loving the time spent with Grandma.



I have not seen a rainbow for what feels like forever and then suddenly saw two this weekend. Beautiful!





We rode our bikes, all of us (Grandma, Grandpa, Daddy, Me (plus little one on my bike) and the Captain, from my parents house to Manuka, for coffee and babycino's. Then down to the lake and we did the bridge to bridge loop. I was so proud of the Captain riding all that way. We did have lots of stops, including a lengthy playground visit and time spent watching model yachts meander lazily around some black swans, but it really is a long ride for a little boy (probably around 9k) and he loved every minute of it . Perhaps Ross' plans for him to be the next Lance Armstrong are not in vain!









3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the most perfect weekend. Your little ones are just adorable. We are passing through Canberra in June, on our first holiday in years. I love Canberra. I love anywhere that is cold! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shot of the windmills and the rainbow! My goal for the coming warm weather is to get us out on bikes. I have the helmets, but I need to get the bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-M: If you are spending a couple of days in Canberra let me know and I will post you some guest passes for Questacon, your boys would love it! Emma

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...