Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pregnant?

The Captain's story is written in retrospect. It began years ago... in February 2005. I figured out that I was pregnant on the day that Ross and I left on our honeymoon. I was in the bedroom packing my bag for our holiday and suddenly, somehow I just knew that I was pregnant. I stood in the bedroom, surrounded by my entire wardrobe strewn about the room. (I know, a flight attendant really should be a more accomplished packer!) and was overwhelmed by the path that now lay before me. There was the incredible sense of wonder at the new world that was developing inside me and incredibly, there was an already present sense of responsibility. I tried to work out the day that we had conceived and established that it was the 3rd of February. A marvellous day and what a wonderful birthday present for Ross!

Veronica's friend, Linda, was working up the front and kindly brought us down champagne and cheeses from first class. I was almost impatient with her inability to notice that I wasn't drinking. I wanted to shout out to the whole world that we were expecting a baby... common sense told me to wait for the time being though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...